PUAWER002B Ensure workplace emergency prevention procedures, systems and processes are implemented
Information about the course:
This unit covers the competency required to implement workplace emergency prevention procedures within a workplace or a defined group of workplaces.
The person undertaking this work may be supervising some people in the workplace. All aspects of the unit must be undertaken in line with legislative requirements, workplace policies and procedures, and accepted safe practices.
This unit has been developed to cover the broad range of emergencies and workplaces as considered in Australian Standard 3745—2010.
This unit places responsibility on individual employees in the workplace to implement workplace emergency prevention procedures, systems and processes; coordinate workplace emergency prevention inspections; review and report on workplace procedures; and undertake routine hazard analysis consistent with job function.
The knowledge and skills gained through the completion of this unit may be applied by employees across all industries.
This unit applies to employees in the workplace within all industries and in all contexts. Existing workers in any industry may benefit from this training as it is not industry specific.
There are no prerequisites for this unit.
Students who successfully complete this nationally recognised training will be awarded the statement of attainment for:
- PUAWER002B Ensure workplace emergency prevention procedures, systems and processes are implemented
- Full course: 3 hours face-to-face training
Pre course study options:
There are no pre course study requirements for this course.
Related Course Documentation
What are my rights and responsibilties as a student?
The Australian Skills and Qualification Authority (ASQA) requires that students be aware of their rights and responsibilities once they have selected their training provider. By enrolling into any of our courses you are deemed to have accepted the terms and conditions outlined in our Student Agreement .
All students will be required to show proof of identification at the commencement of the course.
What should I look for when choosing a training provider?
The Australian Skills and Qualifications Authority (ASQA) has developed a fact sheet to help you to be fully informed about your decision to enrol into a course. This information can be found by clicking here
A copy of the Student Agreement should be read before enrolling in this course.
(PUAWER002B) How will I be assessed for this course?
The following assessment tasks are required for this course:
- Theory Questions consisting of multiple choice and short answer questions
- Performance Tasks
(PUAWER002B) What skills and knowledge will I get from this course?
- communicate effectively
- delegate affectively according to workplace procedures and level of responsibility
- effective leadership and decision-making to ensure safety in the workplace
- monitor and review the work area to identify new and emerging risks on an ongoing basis
- basic types, principles of operation and limitations of emergency prevention and protection systems and emergency control equipment typically installed in the workplace
- hazard analysis processes
- reporting procedures
- workplace procedures to rectify problems
(PUAWER002B) Where can I access the training package?
The training package can be accessed here