PUAWER003B Manage and monitor workplace emergency procedures, equipment and other resources
Information about the course:
This unit covers the competency required to manage and monitor workplace emergency prevention and control structures for a complex workplace or a defined group of workplaces.
It involves managing problems and resolving issues in relation to the organisation’s workplace emergency prevention process and emergency control structures.
This unit has been developed to cover the broad range of emergencies and workplaces as considered in Australian Standard 3745—2010
All aspects of the unit must be undertaken in line with legislative requirements, workplace policies and procedures, and accepted safe practices.
This unit applies to employees in the workplace within all industries and in all contexts, who are delegated responsibility for implementing emergency prevention measures. Existing workers in any industry may benefit from this training as it is not industry specific.
There are no prerequisites for this unit.
Students who successfully complete this nationally recognised training will be awarded the statement of attainment for:
- PUAWER003B Manage and monitor workplace emergency procedures, equipment and other resources
- Full course: 3 hours face-to-face training
Pre course study options:
There are no pre course study requirements for this course.
Related Course Documentation
What are my rights and responsibilties as a student?
The Australian Skills and Qualification Authority (ASQA) requires that students be aware of their rights and responsibilities once they have selected their training provider. By enrolling into any of our courses you are deemed to have accepted the terms and conditions outlined in our Student Agreement .
All students will be required to show proof of identification at the commencement of the course.
What should I look for when choosing a training provider?
The Australian Skills and Qualifications Authority (ASQA) has developed a fact sheet to help you to be fully informed about your decision to enrol into a course. This information can be found by clicking here
A copy of the Student Agreement should be read before enrolling in this course.
(PUAWER003B) How will I be assessed for this course?
The following assessment tasks are required for this course:
- Theory Questions consisting of multiple choice and short answer questions
- Performance Tasks
(PUAWER003B) What skills and knowledge will I get from this course?
- analyse operational effectiveness of emergency control equipment
- apply emergency prevention principles
- implement emergency prevention solutions
- implement maintenance auditing and fault reporting procedures
- report emergency prevention problems and suggestions for correction
- characteristics, use and limitations of workplace emergency procedures and emergency control equipment
- maintenance requirements of workplace emergency procedures and emergency control equipment
- principles of emergency prevention
- relevant legislation and standards
- typical applications of emergency prevention
(PUAWER003B) Where can I access the training package?
The training package can be accessed here