PUAWER004B Respond to Workplace Emergencies (Fire evacuation)
Information about the course:
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to provide preparation for an emergency situation, report potential and real emergencies, respond and evacuate from a work area. This unit covers the competency required to recognise emergencies in the workplace, to report emergencies and to take appropriate action.
Existing workers in any industry may benefit from this training as it is not industry specific.
There are no prerequisites for this unit.
Students who successfully complete this nationally recognised training will be awarded the statement of attainment for:
- PUAWER004B Respond to workplace emergencies
- Full course: 3-4 hours face-to-face training
Pre course study options:
There are no pre course study requirements for this course.
Related Course Documentation
What should I look for when choosing a training provider?
The Australian Skills and Qualifications Authority (ASQA) has developed a fact sheet to help you to be fully informed about your decision to enrol into a course. This information can be found by clicking here
A copy of the Student Agreement should be read before enrolling in this course.
What are my rights and responsibilties as a student?
The Australian Skills and Qualification Authority (ASQA) requires that students be aware of their rights and responsibilities once they have selected their training provider. By enrolling into any of our courses you are deemed to have accepted the terms and conditions outlined in our Student Agreement .
All students will be required to show proof of identification at the commencement of the course.
(PUAWER004B) What skills and knowledge will I get from this course?
- communicate effectively in an emergency situation as outlined in the workplace emergency procedures
- identify an emergency/potential emergency
- circumstances where evacuation may need to be modified
- emergency reporting systems and procedures used on site
- emergency warning system, signals and instructions used on site
- evacuation alarms and workplace emergency procedures used at the workplace
- location of assembly areas and post-evacuation actions
- location of emergency equipment in the workplace
- procedures for reporting emergencies
- roles, responsibilities and authority of emergency personnel, emergency control organisation and emergency response team
- types of emergencies, the hazards and the evacuation actions associated with each one
(PUAWER004B) How will I be assessed for this course?
The following assessment tasks are required for this course:
- Theory Questions consisting of multiple choice and short answer questions
- Performance Tasks
- Simulated Practical Scenarios
(PUAWER004B) Where can I access a copy of the training package?
You can access a copy of the training package here