PUAWER008B Confine small workplace emergencies (Fire Extinguisher use)
Information about the course:
This unit covers the competency required to confine small workplace emergencies.Small workplace emergencies may include such incidents as a small fire that can be controlled using a nearby fire extinguisher; or a chemical spill that can be controlled using workplace personal protective clothing and equipment, and a small spill kit; or a workplace vehicle accident where there is no significant injury or damage.
Existing workers in any industry may benefit from this training as it is not industry specific.
There are no prerequisites for this unit.
Students who successfully complete this nationally recognised training will be awarded the statement of attainment for:
- PUAWER008B Confine Small Workplace Emergencies
- Full course: 3 hours face-to-face training
Pre course study options:
There are no pre course study requirements for this course.
Related Course Documentation
What should I look for when choosing a training provider?
The Australian Skills and Qualifications Authority (ASQA) has developed a fact sheet to help you to be fully informed about your decision to enrol into a course. This information can be found by clicking here
A copy of the Student Agreement should be read before enrolling in this course.
What are my rights and responsibilties as a student?
The Australian Skills and Qualification Authority (ASQA) requires that students be aware of their rights and responsibilities once they have selected their training provider. By enrolling into any of our courses you are deemed to have accepted the terms and conditions outlined in our Student Agreement .
All students will be required to show proof of identification at the commencement of the course.
(PUAWER008B) What skills and knowledge will I get from this course?
- communicate in an effective manner
- give and follow instructions
- implement workplace procedures
- re-stow initial response equipment
- risk management
- use initial response equipment
- actions to be followed when initial response action is not safe
- appropriate initial response equipment
- facilities that may be used to confine emergencies
- hazards involved with initial response action
- implications of the incorrect use of equipment
- limitations of initial response equipment
- limitations of use of emergency control equipment or facilities
- methods of extinguishment
- safe use of initial response equipment
- situations that must not be responded to because of the risk
- types of emergencies
- workplace procedures
(PUAWER008B) How will I be assessed for this course?
The following assessment tasks are required for this course:
- Theory Questions consisting of multiple choice and short answer questions
- Performance Tasks
- Simulated Practical Scenarios
(PUAWER008B) Where can I access a copy of the training package?
You can access a copy of the training package here