PUAEME005A Provide Pain Management
Information about this unit:
This unit covers the competency required to administer restricted analgesics as a part of a medically supervised first responder organisation.State/territory licensing procedures for the storage and administration of drugs apply to this unit.
The application of this unit in the workplace covers the administration of restricted pain relief such as analgesics and aspirin, according to a medically endorsed protocol.
The unit is typically relevant for personnel from emergency services and/or volunteer organisations or organisations that provide a medically supervised first aid service.
- HLTFA211A Provide basic emergency life support or
- HLTFA311A Apply first aid (or equivalent) **copy must be provided at time of enrolment
Students who successfully complete this nationally recognised training will be awarded the statement of attainment for:
- PUAEME005A Provide pain management
- Full course: 5 hours face-to-face training
Pre course study options:
There is no pre course study required for this course.
Related Course Documentation
What should I look for when choosing a training provider?
The Australian Skills and Qualifications Authority (ASQA) has developed a fact sheet to help you to be fully informed about your decision to enrol into a course. This information can be found by clicking here
A copy of the Student Agreement should be read before enrolling in this course.
What are my rights and responsibilties as a student?
The Australian Skills and Qualification Authority (ASQA) requires that students be aware of their rights and responsibilities once they have selected their training provider. By enrolling into any of our courses you are deemed to have accepted the terms and conditions outlined in our Student Agreement .
All students will be required to show proof of identification at the commencement of the course.
(PUAEME005A) What skills and knowledge will I get from this course?
- communicate with casualty to provide comfort and instruction in use of analgesic drugs as required
- complete written logs and documentation
- request for an ambulance and/or medical assistance according to relevant circumstances and report casualty condition
- use literacy and numeracy skills as required to read, interpret and apply guidelines and protocols
- contraindications and precautions for the use of analgesic drugs
- organisational permits for the use of restricted analgesic drugs
- organisational protocols and standard operating procedures covering the storage and administration of restricted drugs
- relevant legislation covering the storage and administration of restricted drugs
- safety procedures for the operation of pressurised gases as relevant to available analgesics
- state/territory regulatory requirements for the currency of skills and knowledge
(PUAEME005A) How will I be assessed for this course?
The following assessment tasks are required for this course:
- Theory Questions consisting of multiple choice and short answer questions
- Simulated Emergency Scenarios
(PUAEME005A) Where can I access a copy of the training package?
You can access the training package here
Is there any latex in the manikins?
Resuscitation manikins are latex free.