UETTDRRF06B Perform rescue from a live LV panel
Information about this course:
This Competency Standard Unit covers the performance of rescue procedures from live Low Voltage (LV) apparatus, not including overhead lines and underground cables in the work place. It specifies the mandatory requirements of rescue from a live LV panel and how they apply in the context of transmission, distribution or rail work functions. It encompasses responsibilities for, health, safety and risk management processes at all operative levels and adherence to safety practices as part of the normal way of doing work.
Industry standards for refresher training vary from state to state. Most states recommend refresher training for this unit every 12 months.
Those who are required to provide an emergency first aid response in a workplace.
- HLTAID001 Provide Cardiopulmonary resuscitation or qualifications deemed equivalent **copy must be provided at time of enrolment
Students who successfully complete this nationally recognised training will be awarded the statement of attainment for:
- UETTDRRF06B Perform rescue from a live LV panel
- Full course: 4 hours face-to-face training
- Refresher course: 2 hours face-to-face training
Pre course study options:
There is no pre course study required for this course.
Related Course Documentation
What should I look for when choosing a training provider?
The Australian Skills and Qualifications Authority (ASQA) has developed a fact sheet to help you to be fully informed about your decision to enrol into a course. This information can be found by clicking here
A copy of the Student Agreement should be read before enrolling in this course.
What are my rights and responsibilties as a student?
The Australian Skills and Qualification Authority (ASQA) requires that students be aware of their rights and responsibilities once they have selected their training provider. By enrolling into any of our courses you are deemed to have accepted the terms and conditions outlined in our Student Agreement .
All students will be required to show proof of identification at the commencement of the course.
(UETTDRRF06B) What skills and knowledge will I get from this course?
Essential Knowledge and Associated Skills (EKAS):
This describes the essential skills and knowledge and their level, required for this unit.
Evidence shall show that knowledge has been acquired of performing rescue from LV panel procedures.
All knowledge and skills detailed in this unit should be contextualised to current industry practices and technologies.
KS01-TRF06B Rescue from a live LV panel
Evidence shall show an understanding of rescue from a live LV panel to an extent indicated by the following aspects:
T1 Emergency procedures for the rescue of a victim from a live LV panel encompassing:
- Inspection of rescue equipment
- Assessing hazards to rescuer, victim and others
- Isolation procedures where appropriate
- Knowledge of Safe Approach Distances (SAD’s) appropriate to rescue from a live LV panel
- Involvement of external emergency services
T2 Emergency procedures for the skills required for the rescue of a victim from a live LV panel encompassing:
- Placement of rescue equipment
- Controlling hazards to rescuer, victim and others
- Maintaining Safe Approach Distances (SAD’s) appropriate to rescue from a live LV panel
- Practical demonstration of rescuing a person
- Removing victim to safe location / place of safety
(UETTDRRF06B) How will I be assessed for this course?
The following assessment tasks are required for this course:
- Theory Questions consisting of multiple choice and short answer questions
- Performance Tasks
- Simulated Practical Scenarios
(UETTDRRF06B) Where can I access a copy of the training package for this course?
A copy of the training package can be accessed by clicking here
(UETTDRRF06B) Do I need to complete a Refresher or Recertification of Perform rescue from live LV panel?
To qualify for a refresher course, you must bring a copy of your current certificate to the training session. You will then be required to:
Complete a 2 hour practical session.
- Proof of currency must be submitted to qualify for this course.