UETTDRRF10B Provide first aid in an ESI environment
Information about the course:
This Competency Standard Unit covers the provision of first aid in an Electricity Supply Industry (ESI) environment. It includes the recognition and provision of an initial response where first aid is required in emergency situations by providing essential first aid using basic life support measures according to established workplace first aid policies and procedures.
Electrical Supply Industry (ESI) employees are required to maintain currency in this unit for authorisation/approval to work on ESI Networks.
- HLTAID001 Provide Cardiopulmonary resuscitation or qualifications deemed equivalent **copy must be provided at time of enrolment
- UETTDRRF10B Provide first aid in an ESI environment
- Full course: 4 hours face-to-face training
- Refresher course: 2 hours face-to-face training
Pre course study options:
There is no pre course study required for this course.
Related Course Documentation
What should I look for when choosing a training provider?
The Australian Skills and Qualifications Authority (ASQA) has developed a fact sheet to help you to be fully informed about your decision to enrol into a course. This information can be found by clicking here
A copy of the Student Agreement should be read before enrolling in this course.
What are my rights and responsibilties as a student?
The Australian Skills and Qualification Authority (ASQA) requires that students be aware of their rights and responsibilities once they have selected their training provider. By enrolling into any of our courses you are deemed to have accepted the terms and conditions outlined in our Student Agreement .
All students will be required to show proof of identification at the commencement of the course.
(UETTDRRF10B) What skills and knowledge will I get from this course?
Essential Knowledge and Associated Skills (EKAS): This describes the essential skills and knowledge and their level, required for this unit.
Evidence shall show that knowledge has been acquired of the provision of first aid in an ESI environment.
All knowledge and skills detailed in this unit should be contextualised to current industry practices and technologies.
KS01-TRF10B First Aid in an ESI environment
Evidence shall show an understanding of First Aid in an ESI environment to an extent indicated by the following aspects:
T1 Provision of First Aid in an emergency situation encompassing:
- Assessing hazards to rescuer, victim and others
- Involvement of external emergency services
- Knowledge of the treatment of electrical burns, shock, bites, stings, bleeding and electric shock
T2 Skills required to provide First Aid in an emergency situation encompassing:
- Controlling hazards to rescuer, victim and others
- Use of available first aid equipment and resources
- Injury management using first aid principles
(UETTDRRF10B) How will I be assessed for this course?
The following assessment tasks are required for this course:
- Performance Tasks
- Simulated Practical Scenarios
(UETTDRRF10B) Where can I access a copy of the training package?
You can access a copy of the training package here
(UETTDRRF10B) Do I need to complete a Refresher or Recertification of Provide first aid in an ESI environment?
Recertification recommended every 12 months.
To qualify for a refresher course, you must bring a copy of your current certificate to the training session. You will then be required to:
Complete a 2 hour practical course.
- Proof of currency must be submitted to qualify for this course.