MEM11011B Undertake manual handling
Information about the course:
This unit applies to lifting and moving materials manually and/or using basic manual handling equipment in a wide range of environments.
Maximum manual lifting weight is limited to National Occupational Health and Safety Commission (NOHSC) recommendations.
Those students who have a manual handling element in their workplace, eg nursing staff, aged care workers, store person, packers
There are no prerequisites for this unit.
- MEM11011B Undertake manual handling
- Full course: 4-5 hours face-to-face training
- Refresher course: 2-4 hours face-to-face training
Pre course study options:
There is no pre course study required for this course.
Related Course Documentation
What are my rights and responsibilties as a student?
The Australian Skills and Qualification Authority (ASQA) requires that students be aware of their rights and responsibilities once they have selected their training provider. By enrolling into any of our courses you are deemed to have accepted the terms and conditions outlined in our Student Agreement .
All students will be required to show proof of identification at the commencement of the course.
What should I look for when choosing a training provider?
The Australian Skills and Qualifications Authority (ASQA) has developed a fact sheet to help you to be fully informed about your decision to enrol into a course. This information can be found by clicking here
A copy of the Student Agreement should be read before enrolling in this course.
(MEM11011B) How will I be assessed for this course?
The following assessment tasks are required for this course:
- Theory Questions consisting of multiple choice and short answer questions
- Simulated Practical Scenarios
(MEM11011B) What skills and knowledge will I get from this course?
· identifying relevant standards and lifting techniques
· assessing weight of material
· selecting lifting equipment
· working and communicating in teams
· assessing risks
· reading and interpreting routine information on written job instructions, specifications and standard operating procedures. May include drawings
· following oral instructions
· manual handling techniques
· hazards of incorrect procedures
· NOHSC standards for manual handling
· safe work practices and procedures
(MEM11011B) Where can I access a copy of the training package?
You can access a copy of the training package here