UEENEEP026A Conduct in-service safety testing of electrical cord, connected equipment and cord assemblies
Information about the course:
Persons employed with a requirement primarily for employees with job roles in the areas of maintenance and service of plant and equipment.
- Apply occupational health and safety regulations, codes and practices in the workplace UEENEEE101A
- UEENEEP026A Conduct in-service safety testing of electrical cord, connected equipment and cord assemblies
- Full course: 1 day face-to-face training
- Refresher course: 1 day face-to-face training
Pre course study options:
There is no pre course study required for this course.
Related Course Documentation
What are my rights and responsibilties as a student?
The Australian Skills and Qualification Authority (ASQA) requires that students be aware of their rights and responsibilities once they have selected their training provider. By enrolling into any of our courses you are deemed to have accepted the terms and conditions outlined in our Student Agreement .
All students will be required to show proof of identification at the commencement of the course.
What should I look for when choosing a training provider?
The Australian Skills and Qualifications Authority (ASQA) has developed a fact sheet to help you to be fully informed about your decision to enrol into a course. This information can be found by clicking here
A copy of the Student Agreement should be read before enrolling in this course.
(UEENEEP026A) What skills and knowledge will I get from this course?
Essential skills and knowledge:
Evidence shall show an understanding of testing and tagging portable and cord connected electrical apparatus to an extent indicated by the following aspects:
T1 Australian Standards and Commonwealth/State/Territory legislation and regulations encompassing:
- Australian Standard AS/NZS 3760
- Commonwealth/State/Territory Occupational Health and Safety Acts and Regulations
- Limitations of work that can be undertaken
- Codes of Practice and associated guidance material
- Risk management principles
T2 Basic electrical testing concepts encompassing:
- Basic electrical circuits
- Functions of electrical circuit
- Conductors and insulators
- Basic electrical supply system
- Relationship of electrical quantities
- Effects of electrical currents
- Methods/devices used to negate or minimise electrical shock
- Portable Appliance Testers (PAT)
- PAT maintenance and calibration
T3 Electrical equipment and cord assemblies testing encompassing:
- Classification of electrical equipment
- Inspection of electrical equipment (visual inspections)
- Using PAT:
- Earth continuity testing
- Insulation resistance testing
- Polarity testing (extension cords and IEC cords)
T4 Testing and tagging documentation requirements encompassing:
- Risk assessment documentation
- frequency of inspection and testing
- tagging of equipment
- records maintenance
(UEENEEP026A) How will I be assessed for this course?
The following assessment tasks are required for this course:
- Theory Questions consisting of multiple choice and short answer questions
- Practical Assessment
(UEENEEP026A) Where can I access a copy of the training package?
You can access a copy of the training package here